Hunger Games Movie

The Best Movie of March 2012
The Best Movie of March 2012
The Best Movie of March 2012

When you walk into the doors of the movie theatre you realize that there is a line. A very long line! The kind that goes from the entrance to the theatre room, but luckily that didn’t happen to me for I was too much of a fan to wait any longer. I stood in front of the line with butterflies in my stomach as I waited for my turn to watch the movie of a lifetime. I had already read the books and I was ready to see what this movie has and doesn’t. The Hunger Games movies was released March 23 2012 and had more viewers than I expected. But once the movie started I was reeled in automatically. The costumes, acting, and graphics were the main things that I find to be perfect. It was a night to remember.

Katniss Everdeen lives in a world that is divided by 12 districts. And every year each district has to give two tributes for the annual Hunger Games. In this these games each tribute must fight to the death. Only one person comes out alive and lives a life luxury. On the day of choosing tributes at Katniss’ district, District 12, Katniss’ sister Primrose is chosen. Out of her own faith to keep her safe; Katniss volunteers as tribute. The next tribute from District 12 is Peeta Mellark, the boy who once saved Katniss’ life. They go to the Capitol to get ready for the games with the help of their mentor Haymitch and make up artists. In order to survive, you have to be liked by the audience. Unfortunately Katniss can’t make friends that easily. Will the girl on fire survive the games?

Partially dead on the book is what I would say this movie was. It contained the important parts but it had missed a few things. But that doesn’t mean that the things that were added weren’t worth the loss. I was surprised when I saw that Suzanne Collins was one of the producers for the movie. I have never heard if such a glory. The reason why most books that go on the big screen suck is because they miss a lot of important things from the book. Suzanne Collins will be known for more than just the person who wrote the best book but also the person that produced the best movie.

Visual is what everyone wants and that is what this movie brought. The atmosphere and the costumes is what I had imagined this movie to look. It was so identical to mine that it was freaky. I would have never thought that what I saw would actually be brought to life. It was super magical. The only thing I didn’t like was the animation art for the mutants. They weren’t lurid enough for my liking. I want a close up image of them. But sadly since the was rated PG-13. the graphics couldn’t be and more direful. Well we can’t always get what we want.

To be or not to be. That is the question for every actor that is playing a character from a book. Should that actor really be playing Katniss? Well let me say yes. This girl, Jennifer Lawrence is what I would like to say is the perfect choice for Katniss. Not only did she play well the hard personality of Katniss but she look similiar to her too. The facial features and the voice. It is exactly how I pictured Katniss. The only person that was not to be was Liam Hemsworth. I really didn’t like how girlish he looked and also he didn’t act tough either. I expected more from Gale. Maybe in the second movie he will change my mind.

Suzanne Collins is the author of the year for her award winning Hunger Games series. I wonder what kind of awards she would receive from the movie. I can’t wait to see. When it comes to turning books into movies; others have to understand: movie show what, and books explain why. People may like some of the changes or not. But only you can choose you opinion and as you watch the movie MAY THE ODDS FOREVER BE IN YOUR FAVOR.