Duncanville Marching band heads to State Competition

After placing 1st in preliminaries and 4th in finals, the Duncanville Marching band will head to state competition Tuesday, November 6 to perform part 3 of their trilogy “The Crossing.”

The band celebrates their advancement to the State Contest after placing 4rth in the Area finals. (Tricia Virtue photo)
“Our ultimate goal at the beginning of the year was to make it to state and do our very best” marching director David Brandon said.”When you work hard, success follows.”

This motivation is what has helped pave the way for the band to go to state, which has included many marching competitions and minor changes to the sets. Throughout every practice and rehearsal, the band has made sure to do only their best and all the leaders have noticed.

“We’ve kept a pretty focused attitude throughout the season” senior drum major Allison Peregory said. “We just have to keep doing what we’re doing.”

Consistency is the new goal as the band gets set to perform Tuesday at the Alamo Dome. The group feels like they’ve dedicated a great amount of their time and talents so far, and say it would be a disappointment if they don’t do their best when it really matters.

“This is the end of a trilogy” Peregory said. “Everyone has built up to this epic finale; this show is everyone’s baby.”

Despite the pressure some members are feeling, the majority are filled with an almost focused excitement as one member put it. Making it all the way to the state competition, has given them the opportunity to show off what they can do to people from all around the state.

“Our standard is always high for ourselves” Brandon said. “But the kids have gone above and beyond our expectations.”

Not only those in charge but themselves with their success so far this year, the band feels as though they have a good chance of winning a title at state to add to their list of previous achievements.

“If past history serves, it means that the next step is going to be very successful too,” Brandon said.

Follow us on twitter and on instagram@pantherprints for latest coverage.

STATE CONTEST INFORMATION:

November 5 & 6, 2012
Alamodome, San Antonio, TX

TICKETS

Ticket prices at the gate will be:

Student (single session)(grades 7-12) $12.00
Adult (single session) $17.00
Adult (One Day Pass for Prelims and Finals) $30.00

Tickets are available from Ticketmaster as follows:
Charge By Phone – (800) 745-3000
Website: http://www.ticketmaster.com/UIL-State-Marching-Band-Contest-tickets/artist/996973

Be advised that a service charge will apply to all Ticketmaster purchases.

Click here to see the State Marching Band Contest live online, with special thanks to Yamaha and Mr. Video! One Day Pass – $4.99

REGIONAL BAND CONTEST: DUNCANVILLE HIGH SCHOOL

BAND UIL AREA CONTEST