Book Review: “The Five People You Meet in Heaven” offers unforgettable reading

Book Review: The Five People You Meet in Heaven offers unforgettable reading

The five people you want to meet in heaven
The book The Five People You Meet in Heaven is a book that surprises you from beginning to end. Throughout the book you are constantly being caught off guard of what will happen next. The book is about a man named Eddie that was unhappy his entire life. He thought his life was a waste. He was a maintenance man at the carnival at Ruby Pier. One day, a horrible accident happened and he risked his life to save a little girls life.

The characters in the book come to life when you read the book. It’s like you are in the book, like you have personally met the characters and know what they are going through and how they are feeling.
The author of the book is Mitch Albom. He is an author who writes many books about his ideas of how heaven is. In every book he writes, he writes them different enough where the books aren’t overlapping and they have the same ideas with the same plot.

“The Five People You Meet in Heaven” begins on Eddies birthday and he is still miserable. Every person he loved is dead, even the love of his life, Marguerite. When his birthday comes around, he never celebrates. To make matters worse, Eddie dies on his birthday.

When he gets to heaven, he meets five people. These people all come from different history with Eddie. One person was someone Eddie didn’t even know that he knew. One was someone who he loved very dearly and one is someone who he looked up to. There is also a person who he only knew from photographs. The last one is a child.

Eddie didn’t expect all of this. Each person is there to teach him why certain things happened in his life and why his life went the way it did. Eddie has to learn about forgiveness, acceptance and other lessons that he somehow so easily looked over.

After his life is explained through these five people, Eddie understands everything and he feels remorse for some things he said, and even some he didn’t say. He just thought it.

This book is a book that I would recommend to anyone, it is a book that doesn’t need to be assigned by a teacher. This book is a book that you will fall in love with. You will end up reading it over and over and over again even though you know that it is going to end the exact same way. “The Five People You Meet in Heaven” is not written like most other books. This one is uniquely written separating it from other books. In my opinion this book is unforgettable.