Personal Column: My Bucket List

Romeeka Siddiqui – Staff Writer
Romeeka Siddiqui
Romeeka Siddiqui

Ten Things to do before I die:

1. Adopt a puppy and name it Paris. The only pet I’ve ever had is fish so I really want a dog! Plus I’m obsessed with both Paris Hilton and the city (hence the name).
2. Attend a Britney Spears concert. Who wouldn’t want to see the Princess of Pop live?
3. Become a physician like my mother. I’ll know all my hard work in school has paid off when I earn a degree in Medicine.
4. Own a clothing line and fragrance; expand my brand worldwide. Fashion entrepreneurship has always been a dream since I was little.
5. Fall in love. I mean true love, like what you see in the movies. I want the first guy I love to be my last.
6. Get married to Prince Charming in my DREAM WEDDING. I mean the kind with extravagant chandeliers and exotic food.
7. Fly first class. Owning a private jet is a bit far fetched, so flying first class when I travel wouldn’t be too shabby.
8. Attend a Fashion Week. Paris, New York, London, I don’t care as long as I’m front and center one day.
9. Build my dream house with a shoe closet like Paris Hilton’s.
10. Visit the Seven Wonders of the World: The Christ the Redeemer Statue in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; the Great Wall of China; the Colosseum in Rome, Italy; Petra in Jordan; Machu Picchu in Peru; Chichén Itzá in Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico; and the Taj Mahal in Agra, India.

Some of my dreams seem too ambitious, but I’m confident in myself that I can do whatever I put my mind to. Even if I don’t get to check off all of my items on the list, I’ll know I at least died trying. It’s not a crime to dream big, but it’s wrong to not dream at all.