Duncanville soccer boys keep striving for district champions

Soccer Players sign letter of intent to play at HIll College. (Cody Rogers photo)
    Duncanville Varsity Soccer girls looking for a win this Friday against Desoto (Karla Estrada photo).

The Duncanville Varsity Soccer teams both played last night on their home field against Mansfield. The varsity girls had a loss against the first place team in their district last night, while the boys took another win for their district.

The Varsity girls lost a tough battle against Mansfield, the score was 3-0. Ankles were sprained, goals were scored, but the girls still fought through the game to keep the game alive.

The varsity boys played Mansfield as well, they left the game winning 3-0. This puts the boys with a 4-0 winning streak in district season. The have been fighting for district champs for the past two years. Junior Eder Falcon scored the first goal in the first half, and went into halftime with a 1-0 lead. In the second half, Sophomore Chad Melton scored the second goal off of a header, putting Mansfield in a tough spot to win the game. The last goal was scored by Senior Christopher Escalera, putting the panthers way ahead for any comeback Mansfield could have had.

Both teams travel away and play in Desoto. Both teams looking for a win to put them up in district. The varsity girls will play at 6:00 P.M. and the boys will follow playing at 8:00 P.M.