Varsity soccer starts the second half of district tomorrow night

Varsity soccer teams open up the second half of district tomorrow against Midlothian (Jasmine Roblero photo).

This past Friday the Duncanville Varsity soccer teams played Mansfield Timberview at home. The boys are still undefeated in district and the girls are currently sitting in fifth place.

The varsity girls tied the game 1-1 last Friday. The girls were up at halftime winning 1-0, the goal was scored by junior Paiton Maples. Going into the second half the Timberview girls were not backing down, they were fighting for a goal, and got one. The game ended in a tie for the last game of the first half of the season. The girls are 3-3-1 in district play.

The varsity boys won the game 2-0 scoring both goals in the second half. The boys did not score any in the first half, and they left the game tied 0-0 going into halftime. The second half was a different game, the boys had possession of the game and scored two goals by senior Christopher Escalera. The boys are still undefeated in district play 7-0. They are first place in district.

Both teams will travel to Midlothian tomorrow night to play them again for the second half of the season. The boys will now be playing at 6:00 P.M. and the girls will follow after to play at 8:00 P.M.