Pantherettes looking to take second district win over SGP tonight

Senior Guard Jazmine Taylor and freshman Zarielle Green celebrate a 57-39 victory over South Grand Prairie in the first round of district play. (Karla Estrada photo)

The Pantherettes are facing South Grand Prairie tomorrow night at 6:00. SGP record for the overall season is 21-6, tonight will be a great game against the Pantherettes.

Tuesday the Pantherettes played a amazing game against Mansfield with a big win of 71-35. The team led in the  first quarter  15-5. The Pantherettes found themselves leading 28-19 going into the half. The Pantherettes came out shooting in the second manhandling Mansfield 43-16 in the second.  The scoring was led  by Johnson who finished the night with 15 points ahead of   freshman Zarielle Green with 11 and senior Khali Pippins-Tryon with 12.

The Pantherettes ar currently 9-0 in district and have had a phenomenal season overall with a record of 26-5. The team is looking to finish strong with only SGP, Cedar Hill and Midlothian left in regular season play.

Tonight should not be a problem for the girls since they defeated the Warriors at their home 57-39 on senior guard Jazmin Taylor’s first night back in the lineup after sitting on the bench due to transfer issues dating back to last year. She is warmed up and making a splash now as a strong starter.

Follow us tonight here for tonight’s live coverage.

Live Blog Pantherettes vs. South Grand Prairie Jan. 30