Theater set to present UIL Play “Nana’s Naughty Knickers”

The one act play "Nana's Naughty Knickers" never has a dull moment for those watching the play. (Tracey Williams photo)
The one act play “Nana’s Naughty Knickers” never has a dull moment for those watching the play. (Tracey Williams photo)

The theater departments will be competing in UIL with their play “Nana’s Naughty Knickers.” The competition will be Tuesday at South Grand Prairie. Duncanville will preform at 3pm. The admission is free.

“I’m looking forward to preforming next week,” senior Samantha Vail said. “Everyone is really excited.”

The students have devoted themselves in the play for 3 months.

“We have been practicing a lot,” senior Tyrek Brown said. “It’s cool to see it all come together.”

The play features an elderly grandmother who illegally sells a lingerie line. When her granddaughter and friend find out everything spirals out of control with the business.

“It’s a fun play and I’m feeling good about it,” director Lucy Russell said. ” The kids are extremely dedicated.”

UIL one act invites schools in the district to bring a play to compete in the state competition. There is 7 minutes to set up, 40 minutes to preform, and 7 minutes to break down.

“There is a huge rule book with strict rules,” Russell said.  “Its a lot different from a regular play.”

Highlights from the Play