From the Principal’s Desk: A few things to be aware of starting the year

From the Principals Desk: A few things to be aware of starting the year

Dear Panther Family and Community, I hope you have had a terrific summer and are looking forward to a great year at Duncanville High School! It has been an excitingly busy summer at Duncanville High School. Not only have we made security and camera updates, we have made plans for awesome start to the school year. I appreciate the work and discussion many of you have shared with me this summer. Your insight and input are strikingly valuable.

August will bring students back to campus, and we are excited to receive them. Many student programs, including student council, band, football, volleyball, swimming, and cross country are already hard at work. New Student Orientation is scheduled for Friday, August 19, 2016 from 6:00 – 8:00 PM in the DHS Alexander Auditorium. Please plan to have your incoming 9th grade or new to DHS student to attend this event. An informative parent session will be offered for you, too. Students will learn what it means to be a DHS Panther. Immediately following, will be the 2016 Panther Pride Rally at 8:00 PM in the Panther Stadium. We are expecting a RED & BLUE TAKEOVER in the stadium for this event!

Freshmen and students new to Duncanville High School may pick up their schedules August 19, 2016 during the orientation. All students may access their schedules via the Home Access Center or pick them up Friday, August 19, 2016 as follows: Seniors from 9:00 – 10:00 AM, Juniors from 10:30 – 11:30 AM, and Sophomores from 1:00 – 2:00 PM. We appreciate your support of the schedule of distribution, as we want our students in class and prepared for the first day of school, which is Monday, August 22, 2016. Students will be admitted into the building at 7:00 AM and breakfast will be served. The tardy bell will ring at 7:30 AM. The dismissal bell will ring at 3:00 PM.

We are excited to inform you that all attendance and registration or withdrawals will be handled in the new Registration & Attendance Suite located on the west end of the campus. For your convenience, parking will be reserved for all parents to have easy access to this office area.

As the new school year comes upon us, please know that you can count on Duncanville High School faculty and staff to be approachable, accessible, and accountable. Safety and success for all students are non-negotiable expectations. We will work in concert with all stakeholders to also ensure that Duncanville High School is:

Building leaders who are PERSISTENT with meeting high expectations,

Continuously managing PRODUCTIVITY that fosters academic success, and

Instilling PANTHER PRIDE in our students, faculty and staff, and community.

Duncanville High School stands in full agreement Duncanville Independent School District’s new superintendent, Dr. Marc Smith: “We are here to serve and support”.

Thank you, again, for your support of Duncanville High School. We truly know the importance of our neighbors in this community and appreciate your partnership with us. Panther Pride, Tia N. Locke-Simmons – Executive Principal

Tia Locke-Simmons

DHS Executive Principal

“On the prowl to success”