• Are you interested in showing of you Spanish skills? The National Spanish Exam is $6 in Mrs.Herrera's room in K136. The last day to register is January 31 with NO penalties. The test will be April 3rd-4th in the DHS Library.

• Tabernacle will be moved to EVERY Tuesday from 3:15-4:30pm in the West Seminar room. There will be free food and free Jesus!

• Attention all seniors! Tickets for the All-Night Bowling Party will go on sale January 29-February 1 for $55. CASH ONLY!!

BPA advances to Nationals set for May 9

Back to Article
Back to Article

BPA advances to Nationals set for May 9

The above BPA students are part of the group advancing to Nationals in May.

Nine students competed in the Business Professionals of America State Leadership Conference held in Corpus Christi with two teams qualifying for the National Leadership Conference scheduled in Dallas May 9.
“I am extremely proud of these two individuals for qualifying for Nationals,” BPA advisor Dedric Williams said. “This conference will be an experience that will be extremely rewarding for all of them.”
The students will join other BPA students from around the country  as they compete in various contest.
“When they get around other young business minded students this gives them an opportunity to broaden their skill sets,” Williams said.
Below are the final placings and full list of winners.

National Qualifier: David Mendez- 1st Place Fundamental Accounting (Associate Division)

National Qualifier: Monica Alba- 3rd Place Interview Skills (Associate Division)
National Alternate:

Jacqueline Munoz- 6th Place Intermediate Word Processing (Associate Division)
National Alternate: Monica Alba & *name withheld at parents’ request – 5th Place Presentation Management Team (Associate Division)