Koby and Kory Burel (Photo by Arley Martinez)
Koby and Kory Burel

Photo by Arley Martinez

Entrepreneurship has no Age: Burel Brothers’ Company takes off in Community

September 19, 2018

Flat tires, truck problems, trailer flats, losing clients, and more. This is just some of what the Burel brothers experience on a typical work day. And no, this isn’t just any minimum wage job. Two of Duncanville’s own, brothers Kory and Koby Burel, have proved that that they can not only be high school students but be entrepreneurs at the same time as they run their own company, who can also seek the aid of professionals like Winright Law.

The brothers, currently Juniors at DHS, built their own lawn care company, KRB Lawn Care Service, and have maintained it for almost four years. They began by simply asking neighbors if they could mow their lawns and have now built a small empire with 75 clients and their own crew.

If anyone is looking to start a business, it’s gonna take some time to grow up and rise.

— Kory Burel

“It all started by us walking around our neighborhood, knocking on doors,” Koby Burel said. “When we started we got about three yes’ and 50 no’s. We wanted to go make our own money so we don’t have to ask our parents for money.”

The brothers had only one piece of equipment each, provided by their father, when they first began mowing laws. This equipment, that they refer to as “residential”, lasted them for about a year and a half. Now, as their business grows, they have gathered more tools and upgraded to commercial equipment.

“The first two years were like the down years but this year and the past year were the up years that we started to build and see change,” Kory Burel said. “Before I had never cut a yard in my life and never knew how. But I had the mindset that I’m different, I could see myself being different so I wanted to be different at this young age.”

View Comments (7)

Panther Prints • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

• J

Jada RichardsonOct 5, 2018 at 9:56 am

I remember when they first started this business I seen it on instagram . I wish you guys nothing but a successful business

Reply
  • A

anthony martinezOct 3, 2018 at 9:28 am

This was a great article , i like seeing the hustle not many people are this motivated.
    I hope seeing more of these two and hope seeing them do big things. This should be a wake up call to the youth to get up and chase you’re dreams!

Reply
  • J

James RichSep 20, 2018 at 4:22 pm

Gloria,

This is an awesome story. I am excited to see many more great stories from you in the future. I really enjoyed reading this story. I also love the new format of the design.

Reply
  • J

JenniferSep 20, 2018 at 8:50 am

I have known Koby & Kory since they were babies well done!! Hard work does pay off I would recommend them to anyone good luck with your business and many more years to come.

Reply
  • C

Crystal TaylorSep 19, 2018 at 2:11 pm

Love it!

Reply
  • B

Bridney AllenSep 19, 2018 at 12:14 pm

Inspirational story. I will definitely share this in my class in order to show students how you have to press on beyond the “no” because eventually, you will get a “yes”.

Good job!

Reply
  • T

Toni JohnsonSep 19, 2018 at 11:21 am

Great article! These two are my students, and I was in complete awe to see their drive and ability to be young business men. Keep you the great work.

Toni Wiley Johnson

Reply
7