Boys soccer loses close game agaist Mansfield Legacy

The boys soccer team lost their first game against an undefeated Mansfield Legacy 2-1 Friday. They will be looking to finissh the second half of district play strong and get into the playoff bracket. (Julio Munoz photo)

The boy’s varsity soccer team suffered their first loss in district Friday 2-1 against Mansfield Legacy. The team has been playing very well up to this point, but it was expected to be a difficult game. A win would have put the Panthers in a healthy position, but it’s still early enough to where they can still work they’re way into a playoff spot if they maintain good results the rest of the season.

The Panthers play well enough defensively, but it’s those key moments of scoring where the team is lacking. It’s not the forwards themselves, there is enough talent there, but its more how the ball is played to them.

While this hasn’t been a constant problem through out the season, it is the main problem when the team loses. If the Panthers can consolidate on their scoring ability, and continue playing good defense, there is no reason why they can’t beat any team in the district. Their next game against Cedar Hill should result in a win, as the Longhorns have never presented much of a challenge. The Panthers should use this opportunity to rebound from the recent loss and build momentum going into the middle of the season.