District Champs! Duncanville sacks Cedar Hill

November 14, 2020

Photo by Megan Bryant

Safety Pierre Gorree makes a tackle against Cedar Hill on Friday in Duncanville.

Last night, Duncanville captured their fourth consecutive district championship under Reginald Samples. The Panthers defeated Cedar Hill 28-13 in the zone championship at Duncanville Panther stadium to take first place. Because of COVID-19, the Panthers did not have to face Desoto in the district matchup because the two teams where placed in opposite zones and Cedar Hill defeated Desoto for the right to represent their zone in the district championship. Duncanville was led in rushing by junior Malachi Medlock and in passing by senior Grayson James. Roderick Daniels Jr. led the team in receiving while seniors Kendrick Blackshire and Tyler Quinn led the defense. Duncanville will now have the #1 seed as they enter the bi-district round of the playoffs to face Harker Heights in two  weeks.

For live game updates of all the playoff action, follow us @pantherprints1

For the best photos, check out our Instagram @pantherprints

Jadarius Thursby (8) sacks the quarterback during the second half against Cedar Hill. (Photo by Megan Bryant)
Safety Pierre Gorree makes a tackle against Cedar Hill on Friday in Duncanville. (Photo by Megan Bryant)
Duncanville cheerleaders cheer on the team. (Photo by Megan Bryant)