JV baseball looking to improve through tournament play

The varsity team took the field yesterday against Mesquite in the Art Blair Tournament and will play again today at 11 am. (Julio Munoz photo)

The junior varsity baseball season is underway as tournament play resume this week in the Art Blair home tournament.  The team is looking forward to playing in front of the home crowd an improving their record.

“I love playing in the Duncanville tournament,” junior Benjamin Neal said. “We get to play in front of all our friends.”

The team is adjusting to the new coaching staff this year as Cliff Bartosh is taking over the JV II team with coach Coby Richards continuing with the JV I team.  Bartosh brings his few years of  experience playing major league baseball to to the younger team this year.

“Coach Bartosh  has been teaching us a lot of things that he has learned throughout his years of playing,” sophomore Derrick Behan said.

Coby Richards remains the JV I coach and is looking forward to a very productive season. The team consists of mostly returning players from the previous season along with some new faces.

“We have some strong players this year and we should do well,” Richards said.

The team’s current record is 1-3 and is looking to make it better this weekend, as they play in the H-E-B high school invitational

“ We have a solid team and I’m expecting great things from us,” Neal said.