First ever freshman talent show set for tonight

Those attending tonights talent show will see a wide variety of acts. The show is scheduled for 7 p.m. in the auditorium. Tickets are $3. (Tricia Virtue photo)

Tonight Alexander Auditorium will be filled with talent from freshman and their peers as Club Fresh host the first ever Freshman Got Talent show at 7 p.m..

“The acts that will be in the show are outstanding,” Miss Baker said. “They are all very talented kids.”

Tickets for the show will be $3 at the door. Freshman Emilio Macias says he is looking forward to this show.

“I think it’s something fun to do,” Macias said. “And I’m looking forward to going.”

High Hat Rookies are one of the many variety acts. High Hat Rookie member Morgan Montgomery hopes to move the audience as well as entertain them.

“I hope the audience will get up, bust a move and dance with us in the aisle,” Montgomery said.

Most see tonight as just a show case, but some see it as an opportunity.

“This is an amazing opportunity for us Rookies,” Patience Elliot said. “Rookies don’t ususally get a chance to do a show like this.”

Javan Meadows commends those who are performing in front of the crowd that’s expected.

“Anyone who has the courage to go and put themselves out there is already great,” Meadows said.

Miss Baker is excited and assures everyone that attends that they will have a great time.

“Anyone that comes will enjoy this show,” Miss Baker said. “The talent is just that good.”