‘Sugar and Spice” program offers students free prom tuxes/dresses

Sugar and Spice program offers students free prom tuxes/dresses
Girls and guys will be able to shop for prom apparel at the "Sugar and Spice" store in the culinary room April 20.

“Sugar and Spice”, a donation foundation started by Ms. Tiffany Hubbard is opening April 20-22 after school from 3-5 p.m. to give girls an opportunity to find a dress, makeup, shoes and accessories for Prom in the Culinary Arts room J123.

“We just want to give girls the opportunity to feel like a princess and feel beautiful because not a lot of girls have that, even if they are financially stable or not, sometimes it’s hard. We want to see as many girls as possible come out.” said Ms. Hubbard.

The drive allows girls, needy or not, to be able to search for a dress, shoes, makeup or accessories for free. There is also a raffle  they can participate in for a chance to win a complete make over the day of Prom.

“It’s just the feeling of helping someone’s dream come true that I love.” said Ms. Hubbard “I love helping people and these two girls that came last year, I just wanted to cry I was so happy that I could help them.”

There are 30 dresses available and three tuxes, all in different sizes. This year, Wal-Mart benefited the organization by donating shoes and accessories, and David’s Bridal donated dresses. Not only can you pick up a dress, but you can also donate one to the foundation.