Panthers poised for game with North Crowley after 25-18 win over Garland

The Panthers ran away with the win against Garland in the second half of play Friday night. They wil not take on North Crowley. (Cassidy Doyle photo)

The Duncanville Panthers will have their first home game of the season this Friday when they face off against North Crowley. Another win could well set the Panthers on a streak considering the quality of the team. The Panthers faced North Crowley on their field last year, winning 52-25. The Panthers are going into the game after a big moral win last week when they defeated Garland 25-17

The Panthers were on par with the owls through out much of the game with uncommon scores such as 2-0, and 8-7. The team was also down at parts of the game but rallied in the 4th quarter. Duncanville took the definite lead late in the fourth quarter with a touchdown by junior running back Jaquan Cole.

“We wanted to redeem ourselves and show that we can play four quarters against a good football team, ” head coach Jeff Dicus said, “This was a big signature win for us this season so far.

The Panthers should be able to take down North Crowley at home, and then the big tests will come starting against Grand Prairie and Midlothian, the first two games in district. But the Panthers resilience and ability to stay in the game will be a key factory in what many are expect be a championship season.