Mansfield game could be turning point for Panthers

Quarterback DeAndre Grimes dodges a Midlothian tackle. The panthers will face an undefeated Mansfield Friday. (Chase Apperson photo)

The Panthers will be going up against there toughest opponent yet when they face Mansfield tomorrow night in Mansfield. The Tigers are having an excellent start to the season, as they are undefeated and come in 5-0 on the year, just as they were last year. It’s an important game that could heavily influence the rest of the Panther’s seasons.

“We’re looking forward to the challenge,” Coach Jeff Dicus. “Last year they were a good football team, they were 5-0 and came here, now we have to go to there place.”

Both teams are going into the game after winning their first two games of the district. Mansfield beat Timberview and South Grand Prairie, while the Panthers have taken down Grand Prairie and more recently Midlothian last week. It was a close game for the Panthers, but it was another game that showed the endurance of the team. Dicus would still like to solidify that they team can win during the whole game.

“We’re still in search of trying to figure out what we gotta do to play four quarters,” Dicus said, “our kids are gonna learn, they’ve been good about learning from their mistakes.”

If the team can get a win this Friday, it could very well be the jump start to what could be a very successful season in accomplishing the team’s goals, district champions being the first. Beating Mansfield last year was the catalyst for that season. Dicus said he hopes this will be the same this season.

“We haven’t played that perfect game yet,” Dicus said, “and maybe Friday night is gonna be the night.”

Join us live for the game between the Panthers and Mansfield