Students organizations to participate in Barnes & Noble holiday book fair

Student organizations will participate in the Barnes and Noble book fair Thanksgiving weekend.

For the first time ever the high school Student Council, Book Club, Anime Club, Guitar Club and other school clubs are participating in Barnes and Noble’s annual Book Fair. PTSA planned this event and offered for the DHS Library to participate too, since they are donating half of the money to the library.

“We were happy to help PTSA with this project,” librarian Jeni Tahaney said. “They are donating some of the funds to our library so we want to help them.”

The event will be Nov. 25 -27 beginning at 9 a.m. at the book store in Cedar Hill’s Uptown Mall. There will be story time done by the Book Club and StuCo. Arts and crafts will be done by the TAFE, Face painting done by Anime Club. The Guitar Club close the evening with a rock concert.

Student Council will be the only group on Sunday as they read to kids at the book store.

“We want to help PTSA and the library,” Student Council advisor David Womack said. “This is another way to get more Student Council members involved in the community.”

The Student Council members were happy to help with the event. They will be able to dress as their book’s character if they want for the event.

“ Most of the members were receptive to the idea,” Womack said. “And I’m sure they’ll be very excited if they know that can dress up.”

Tahaney mentioned that her students are excited about helping with the event as well.

“We have so many volunteers this year,” Tahaney said. “I believe that this event will be successful.”

EVENT SCHEDULE

Saturday Nov. 26

10 am: Spanish Story Time with Advanced Placement Spanish students

Noon: Arts and Crafts with DHS TAFE club members

1-4 pm: Face Painting with Cosmetology and Art club

1 pm: Art Show by Anime Club

2 pm: Rock Concert by the DHS guitar club

3 pm: English Story Time with DHS book club

4 pm: Arts and Crafts with DHS Club Fresh

SUNDAY NOV. 27

1 pm: English Story time with DHS Student Council