Panther Quarterback Divan Ealy receives Built Ford Tough Player of the Week Award

Senior quarterback Divan Ealy was presented the Built Ford Tough award for his accomplishments as an athlete on the field. Presenting the award was Benito Juarez. He is pictured with Head Coach Jeff Dicus as well. (Jazmyn Dixson photo)

During the pep rally Oct. 22, senior Divan Ealy was presented with the “Built Ford Tough; Player of the Week Award” by Benito Juarez.

“It feels really good. Feels good,” Ealy said. “We’ve got a great team and it’s all the team working.”

Hard-working players such as Ealy are nominated on the playeroftheweek.com website by family and friends. If the player does something extraordinary on and off the field, he is chosen for the week.Ealy won the 5A competition this week and was presented with a texas-shaped award, which only six players in the entire state of Texas are selected to win every week.

“This places Divan in an elite group of players and I was truly excited that one of Duncanville High School’s own received this award,” Mr. Juarez said, “The reason it meant so much to me is because I not only live in Duncanville, but I have family ties to Duncanville High School, both of my sons attended and graduated there.”

But Mr. Juarez isn’t the only one excited about the award.

“I was shocked. I couldn’t believe it!” Ealy said, “I’d like to really thank my mom for this.”