Live Coverage from State Band Contest by Allie Peregory: Band finishes Prelims awaits call for finals

The marching band finishes out thier show in the Alamodome. (Daniel Valdez photo)

The band finished prelims at 10:30 a.m. in the Alamodome and are currently awaiting the word about the bands advancing to the final contest tonight.

“The show was amazing,” senior drum major Elise Villareal said.  “We’ve all worked really hard and it’s all been worth it.”

For assistant director William Pitts, the state contest is something new for him as a director here.

“It’s my first experience in Duncanville at a state marching contest so I do not really have anything to compare it to,” Pitts said.  “But I feel we’re extremely prepared for this contest.”

Daniel Valdez is blogging the game live and said the following about the bands prelim performance.
“The backfield start has the perfect blend of brass and woodwind color. Woodwind technical playing is all kinds of sickness,” Valdes said.  “Phrasing of the brass runs is a joy to listen to. Lovely oboe solo. Power and control make the brass sound even louder. Dynamics were great. Nicely designed drill. Backfield chord to end the show. Giggity!, ”

You can follow the 2010 UIL state marching contest all the way through the final placings with Valdez here we will also be providing live quotes from San Antonio as they come in from our live reporter Allie Peregory who is also marching in the show.