Homecoming Against Grand Prairie

Tonight the Panthers (1-4) take on the Grand Prairie Gophers (2-3) for Homecoming. The Panthers are coming off of a bye week, which marks the halfway point of their season.

“The bye week has affected us in a way that we could be productive,” Head coach Jeff Dicus said “and from the standpoint of improving fundamentals I think it was very good.”

The Panthers are going up against a pass heavy Grand Prairie offense, led by star quarterback Jaylen Fails who’s 11th in the area in passing yards and has thrown for over 1,000 yards. The corners and safeties will be tested and if the challenge is met they can stop Fails.

The Gopher defense has given up 124 points in their last two games, and the Panther offense should be able to score at will. This game should boost the confidence of the first time starter, junior quarterback Jeremiah Drake.

“Expectations here at Duncanville are always high and we expect to win.”  said Coach Dicus

The Panthers are expecting to win after a loss at Cedar Hill last week. The final score was 44-27. The Panther offense had 361 yards of total offense, but turnovers caused the game to get out of hand.

The Panthers are looking to bounce back and get back in to the district race for playoff contention.