Theater to present more performances of High School Husical

The High School Husical play will be back on set tonight and again next week for two nights. (Leenolia Robinson photo)

Tonight theater under the direction of theater teacher Lucy Russell will be presenting their Haunted House and Play “My School Husical” for the second time.

“I think that the audience maybe surprised by some of the silly, antics that the students perform in this play,” Theater Arts Teacher Lucy Russell said.

The play begins at 7 p.m. preceded by the annual haunted house in the Alexander Performance Hall.

“The reason why I like doing the Halloween show is that I think a lot of times people think that theater has to be so fancy pantzy and dramatic,” Russell said. “The Halloween show I always try to make it where any kind of person can enjoy it.”

Theater is not only for juniors and seniors. If you are in theater 2 you can help plan the haunted house and even be in the haunted house. People that are in theater 3 and 4 are allowed to be in the play.

The haunted house and the play are open to all students who are part of theater. Russell said having so many students involved in extra curricular makes the play tougher to pull off.

“I thought that the first show went really well with most of the students being involved in other extra curricular activities, which can be stressful at times,” Russell said.

You still have time to check out the haunted house and the play today at 6 and next Tuesday and Thursday at the same times. Look for full video and photos to come after play closes. See teaser below.