Pantherettes remain perfect at 28-0 heading into tonights game against SGP

The Pantherettes  will begin the second round of district play tonight against South Grand Prairie at home tonight. The team continued their winning ways with a commanding win over Desoto  56-32 last week extending their record to 28-0 on the season and 7-0 in district play.

Defense was the key to for the Pantherettes winning against Desoto who has one of the top ten scoring teams in the area. The Pantherette’s defense is ranked number 5 in the area, only giving up an average of 31.9 points a game.

Senior forward Kiara Perry led all scorers with 22 points. Junior guard Ariel Atkins had 15 points in the win as well.

The Pantherettes came out strong in the first half and took a 32-14 lead at halftime, but the Lady eagles wouldn’t go down without a fight. They limited the Pantherettes to 7 points in the third quarter and going into the fourth brought the lead down to 11.

The Pantherettes hopped out of their slump and answered Desoto’s intensity with stifling defense. The Pantherettes gave up 4 points in the entire quarter and cruised to another victory. With that win the Pantherettes continue their winning streak pushing it up to 56 games dating back to last season.

The Pantherettes continue their district schedule tonight at 6:30 against SGP at home. Come out and help support the Pantherettes onto another district win.