The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 has ups and downs

As the true definition of Twi-hard reigns supreme in this teen’s heart I couldn’t contain my excitement to see the latest installment of the Twilight Saga. I was vibrating in my seat waiting for the movie to begin and am sure that I was a bit disruptive to others. Even though I love the Twilight Saga I have to say that I am a little disappointed in this edition of the timeless love story.

Twighlight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2

The movie starts off really great but I feel that the cast missed the mark on this one a little bit. Kristin Stewart’s inability to portray a mother’s rage properly was quite obvious and the scene where she hunts for the first time was more than a let down. For someone who’s “Never felt more alive” her voice over’s sound like she was half asleep and you can’t feel the connection between her and Mackenzie Foy as a mother and daughter, it just seems like a babysitter to kid relationship.

I can’t understand the reason the director chose to CG (computer generate) the baby.  This  is beyond me. Actually I take that back, it makes sense that they would want to accurately display the child growing up to be Mackenzie Foy (Renesmee) but the way in which it was done was very sloppy.  You could obviously tell that the baby was not real which is disappointing.

I liked the fact that at the end of the movie, everyone who had ever been in the series was in the credits.  I think it was a very heart felt decision and shows just how much work was put into each movie.

The way that the movie was filmed is in the same color scheme as the first movie, a series of grays and blues and blacks, bringing the movie full circle. I think the wardrobe was done more realistically this time, especially when it comes to the leaders of the vampire society, The Volturi.

I’ve always felt that the Volturi were more theatrical and dramatic than they had seemed before. Dakota Fanning’s (Jane) makeup and Michael Sheen’s (Aro) fur coated cape reflects the arrogant and superiority feeling of the Volturi.  The Amazons were superb and the Romanians gratifiably creepy.

Even though there some marks missed I still think it was a very good movie, it was way better than I would have expected it to be. I would recommend this movie to anyone who is into vampires, romance, family, or even action. There was a great amount of fighting in this movie so it’s not solely a love story anymore. It’s a story of protection and family.  I give this one four and a half stars out of five.

View Comments (1)