Pantherettes to be honored at various events

The pantherettes will be honored again for their second state title at their banquet and at a community event.
    The Pantherettes will be honored again for their second state title at their banquet and at a community event.

The Pantherettes have not only brought home back-to-back state 5A girls basketball state championship trophies, they’ve earned Duncanville a place in the history books. With their season district record of 14-0 and an overall record of 42-0, the team is the first 5A school to achieve 42 wins and no losses in a single season. The varsity team wasn’t the only one with a successful year  – the JV and the Freshmen Red and Blue teams all ended their seasons with great success. Gathering players, coaches, and parents together on March 28, the Duncanville High School girls basketball program will honor the efforts of each team at their annual banquet. Each player will be honored with a certificate recognizing her contributions, and there are plans to present the varsity Pantherettes with their State Championship rings.

But we’re not done celebrating the 2013 5A state champion title – the Duncanville ISD community is invited to attend a processional, autograph signing, and celebration ceremony on Thursday, April 4. The parade will begin at Main Street and Wheatland Road at 4:45 pm and end at the Hilton Garden Inn, where festivities will continue with an autograph signing at 5:30 pm and an award ceremony at 6:00 pm. The Pantherettes will also be included in the Sixth Annual MaxPreps Tour of Champions presented by the National Guard. MaxPreps will honor the DHS team at the conclusion of the parade on April 4.