Boys soccer headed to second round game with Flower Mound Friday

Junior Eric Campos fights off a Killeen Ellison defender in the first round of the playoffs. The team won 2-0 to advance to the second round of the playoffs. (Leenolia Robinson photo)

After defeating Killeen Ellison in the Bi-District playoff action 2-0, the boys soccer team will take on Flower Mound on Friday at Pennington Field in Hurst.

“I am thrilled with the total team effort the team showed in this game,” head coach Nuno Passos said.

Offensively, the team received goals form Luis Benavides and Eric Campos. The team is now 18-3 on the year and continues to be the #1 Ranked defense in the Area as they were lead again by Goal keeper Josh Nieto and the “Fab 4” defenders of Joel Andrade, Chad Melton, Miguel Contreras and Damion Passos held another team scoreless to pick up their 14 shutout of the season.

“We weathered a 30mph head on wind in the first half of the game,” Passos said. “We made some necessary adjustments at the half and came back to get a well deserving win.”