Varsity football week 2 preview: Abilene

The Panthers put up 70 points in their opener against Colleyville last week. They are looking to extend their record to 2-0 tonight. (Olivia Davila photo)

After last week’s 70-42 victory over Colleyville Heritage, Duncanville now has their sights on Abilene who came off of a 37-7 loss to Hebron.

With last week’s victory being an all-around show out for Duncanville, will the team have another massive game?

For Duncanville it should be all about the offense which put up 63 points on what was speculated to be one of the toughest defenses in Colleyville. This week they take on a defense who gave up 37 points last week, so we should see that scoreboard full of light once again.

As for the Abilene offense:  The question is will they bounce back from last week’s poor effort of their quarterback Dereck Scott only completing 13-22 passes for 110 yards with one touchdown and an interception? Looking at Abilene’s performance of 167 yards and giving 407 yards, we’ll have to wait and see.

Things to watch for in Duncanville:

Freshman kicker Eric Carrasco who had a great showing last week with a strong leg could provide the extra points Duncanville may need.

Penalties: Penalties killed Duncanville giving up more than 150 yards on penalties alone last week. We can not do this against Abilene.

Qb: Senior quarter back Jeremiah Drake, who had an outstanding showing last week, has more passing yards than all of the yards Abilene gave up versus Hebron.

Catch us live on twitter for updates  or by clicking the link below to live coverage from the game.  Listen to our play by play podcast next week right here.