Team Fortress 2 offers players game of teamwork and communication

Team+Fortress+2+
Team Fortress 2
Team Fortress 2

Remember the time when you used to wake up  on Saturday morning to watch the morning cartoons? All those hilarious yet painful moments that you grew up with shows like Looney Toons and Tom and Jerry. Well if you remember those hilarious moments then this game is for you.

Team Fortress 2 is a Free 2 Play Massive Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter (MMOFPS) released on PC, Xbox 360, PS3, Linux, and Mac OS, that encourages teamwork and communication. Although some people may be discouraged to play it because of its lack of story, it makes up for it with its phenomenal gameplay.

Like its predecessor, Team Fortress Classic, TF2 divides the players into two equal opposing teams. The Reliable Excavation & Demolition (RED) team and The Builders League United (BLU) team; After choosing the team, the player can then choose between 9 different classes: Scout, Soldier, Pyro, Demoman, Heavy Artillery Man (Heavy for short), The Medic, The Engineer, Sniper, and a Spy, each having their own strengths and weaknesses.

Some classes for example have different weapons such as the Pyro with its flamethrower and the Heavy with its minigun. While other classes have different abilities like The Scout being the fastest of them all and being able to double jump and The Medic who can heal other people.

After choosing a character, the player can choose up to eight different game modes: Capture the Flag, King of the Hill, Man vs. Machine, Payload, Control Point, Territorial Control, Arena, and Medieval. Each having it’s own different rules and regulations.

Team Fortress 2 is also the first of Valve’s multiplayer games to provide detailed statistics for individual players. They include: time spent playing as each class, most points obtained, and the most captures or objectives achieved in a single life. Persistent statistics tell the player how he or she is improving in relation to these statistics, such as if a player comes close to his/her record for the damage inflicted in a round.

Team Fortress 2 does not attempt the realistic graphical approach used in other Valve games on the Source engine such as Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike: Source and Day of Defeat: Source. Rather, it uses a more stylized, cartoon-like approach “heavily influenced by early 20th century commercial illustrations” and achieved with extensive use and manipulation of cell shading. The development commentary in the game suggests that part of the reason for the cartoonish style was the difficulty in explaining the maps and characters in realistic terms. The removal of an emphasis on realistic settings allows these explanations to be sidestepped.The game debuted with the Source engine‘s new dynamic lighting, shadowing and soft particle technologies, among many other unannounced features, alongside Half-Life 2: Episode Two. Team Fortress 2 was also the first game to implement the Source engine’s new Facial Animation 3 features.

Also included is the added option to voice chat with any other player in game, thanks to the added voice chat feature. Although a microphone is required, it is a fun and useful feature that one can use for various purposes.

All in all, TF2 is a fun game for anyone. It excels in its diverse gameplay and graphics while encouraging group co-op and communication. If you are a fan of First Person Shooters, Online Multiplayers, or just want a game that makes you laugh, then this game is for you.