Close games for the Varsity soccer teams

Varsity boys play a close game with Irving MacArthur. (Tricia Virture photo)

Last night the Duncanville Varsity girls and boys soccer teams played another scrimmage. The Varsity boys played against Irving MacArthur at their home field and the Varsity girls plotted their revenge on two teams they played last year in Red Oak.

The Varsity boys left the game tying 1-1. The goal was scored by Christopher Escalera, the new comer for Duncanville. Many fans were on their feet with this close game the guys played. The panthers held them down for a tie.

The Varsity girls played two teams last night, they played Mansfield Summit and Red Oak. The girls also played both of these teams last year in a tournament and were defeated by both. It was time for redemption. The girls played 30 minute half’s against both teams and left the score board at zero. Both teams that they played led with another tie for the Duncanville girls to take home.

The Varsity girls and boys have only played scrimmages, they play their first pre-season game this Thursday and Friday. The Varsity girls play their first home game this Friday at 8:00 P.M. The Varsity boys play in their first tournament of the season in Houston, Texas, starting on Thursday. District season is right around the corner and both teams are getting ready for it in their own way.