Taking a look at upcoming movies of 2014

Many+anticipated+movies+will+be+released+this+year.+
Many anticipated movies will be released this year.

Happy New Year dear readers! Can you believe that we’re already in 2014? I trust that you’re holiday break went well. Personally, I drank lots and lots of cocoa and played plenty of games. Not to mention having a pretty good time with the family.  However, I noticed that no matter how much we prepare for the holidays, (or don’t prepare, for that matter) it still feels as if it was over too soon. I know for a fact that I’ll miss not having to wake up at six in the morning.

But I digress.

Now that’s it’s 2014, we have an entire year to look forward too. For some people, it might seem a little scary. For others, it might seem a little dull. So in the spirit of New Years, I composed a little list of the most anticipated movies of 2014 and their release dates. This way, you have something to look forward to in this upcoming year.

February:

7LEGO-Movie-Posterth: The LEGO Movie: In the LEGO universe, an ordinary mini-figure,Emmet, is mistaken for being the greatest Master Builder, the only one who can save the LEGO universe. With the help of his friends, Emmet must unlearn everything he learned from the instructions and is learn the power of imagination in order to save the LEGO universe from total destruction.

25f693873ca223b3060c1f8c775bf70f

7th: Monuments Men: An unlikely World War II platoon are tasked to rescue art masterpieces from Nazi thieves and return them to their owners.

robocop_poster_p_201312th: RoboCop: Being a remake of the original 1987 movie, RoboCop is about a man who was reborn as a cybernetic police officer as an experiment in hopes of having a RoboCop in every city. However, they never took for account about the man inside the Robot.

MV5BMTUyOTI0MzUyM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzI2MzU0MDE@._V1_SX214_14th : Vampire Academy: VA tells the story of two 17-year-old girls who attend a hidden boarding school for peaceful vampires. However, after a failed attempt of escaping, they are thrust back into the perils of vampire society and high school, while one struggles to reclaim her status, the other trains vigorously in order to protect her friend, even if she has to sacrifice everything.

March:

MV5BMzM5NjUxOTEyMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjEyMDM0MDE@._V1_SX214_7th: The Grand Budapest Hotel: The adventures of Gustave H, a legendary concierge at a famous European hotel between the wars, and Zero Moustafa, the lobby boy who becomes his most trusted friend.

mr__peabody__sherman_2014-wide7th: Mr.Peabody & Sherman: sing his most ingenious invention, the WABAC machine, Mr. Peabody and his adopted boy Sherman hurtle back in time to experience world-changing events first-hand and interact with some of the greatest characters of all time. They find themselves in a race to repair history and save the future.

MV5BMjIyNDc4ODM3MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjIwOTUwMTE@._V1_SY317_CR0,0,214,317_14th: Need For Speed: Fresh from prison, a street racer who was framed by a wealthy business associate joins a cross country race with revenge in mind. His ex-partner, learning of the plan, places a massive bounty on his head as the race begins.

MV5BMTYxMzYwODE4OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDE5MzE2MDE@._V1_SX214_21st: Divergent: Beatrice Prior, a teenager with a special mind, finds her life threatened when an authoritarian leader seeks to exterminate her kind in her effort to seize control of their divided society.

MV5BMTcyNzk4Nzg4N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTkxMDI2MDE@._V1_SY317_CR0,0,214,317_28Th: Noah: The Biblical Noah suffers visions of an apocalyptic deluge and takes measures to protect his family from the coming flood.

April:

220px-Captain_America_The_Winter_Soldier

4th: Captain America: The Winter Soldier: Taking place after The Avengers, Captain America becomes entangled in a mystery that may endanger the globe. Together with The Black Widow and The Falcon, the Captian must overcome the scheme, all while encountering an unanticipated and powerful adversary- The Winter Soldier.

Rio2_11th: Rio 2: Blue, Jewel, and their three children, leave their domesticated life and go to the Amazon rainforest, where they encounter Jewel’s long-lost father. But things soon go sour when they realize that their Amazon habitat is under threat and that Blu’s nemesis is back for revenge.

Transcendence-data-cloud-of-Johnny-Depp-movie-poster

18th: Transcendence: Dr. Will Caster is an AI researcher who strives for knowledge. After constant rejection and opposal. Caster’s goal for knowledge soon becomes one for power.

May:

The-Amazing-Spider-Man-2-New-Poster-spider-man-35222096-1024-1421

2nd: The Amazing Spiderman 2: Peter Parker(AKA Spider-Man) continues his struggle to balance his life as a high-school student and his responsibilies as Spider-Man. However, after investigating his father’s past, he realizes that the rising threats of Electro and The Rhino all have one thing in common: OsCorp.

MV5BMjM4MjQ5NjU1MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzM1MTQ5MDE@._V1_SX640_SY720_9th: Chef: When Carl Casper tries and failes to open his own restaurant in Los Angeles, he returns to his home state, Miami, and fixes up a food truck which he names El Jefe Cubanos ( The Cuban Bosses). After he reaquantis with his ex-wife, he plans to drive across the country in order to reclaim his success in Los Angeles.

MV5BMjM3Njg5NTQ4NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDQ0MDI4MDE@._V1_SY317_CR140,0,214,317_

9th: Neighbors:A couple with a newborn baby face unexpected difficulties after they are forced to live next to a fraternity house.

220px-Godzilla2014Poster16th: Godzilla:”An epic rebirth to Toho’s iconic Godzilla, this spectacular adventure pits the world’s most famous monster against malevolent creatures who, bolstered by humanity’s scientific arrogance, threaten our very existence”—Legendary Pictures.

x-men-days-of-future-past

23rd: X-Men: Days of Future Past: The X-Men send Wolverine to the past in a desperate effort to change history and prevent an event that results in doom for both humans and mutants.

MV5BOTczNjE4OTQ0MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDUzMTE2MDE@._V1_SX214_30th: Maleficent: The “Sleeping Beauty” tale is told from the perspective of the villainous Maleficent and looks at the events that hardened her heart and drove her to curse young Princess Aurora.

MV5BMTQ0OTU2MjQ5OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzU0NTg4MDE@._V1_SY317_CR78,0,214,317_

30th: Million Ways to Die in West: A cowardly farmer seeks the help of a gunslinger’s wife to help him win back the woman who left him.

June:

MV5BMTQzNjQ1NjU4Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjc2MDI4MDE@._V1_SY317_CR0,0,214,317_6th: The Fault In Our Stars: Hazel and Gus are two teenagers who share an acerbic wit, a disdain for the conventional, and a love that sweeps them on a journey. Their relationship is all the more miraculous given that Hazel’s other constant companion is an oxygen tank, Gus jokes about his prosthetic leg, and they met and fell in love at a cancer support group.

MV5BMTc5OTk4MTM3M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODcxNjg3MDE@._V1_SX214_6th: Edge of Tomorrow: A soldier fighting in a war with aliens finds himself caught in a time loop of his last day in the battle, though he becomes better skilled along the way.

MV5BMjM3Njg5NTQ4NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDQ0MDI4MDE@._V1_SY317_CR140,0,214,317_13th: 22 Jump Street: After making their way through high school (twice), big changes are in store for officers Schmidt and Jenko when they go deep undercover at a local college.

MV5BNzQ2NDk4MTc0M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTIyNjY2MDE@._V1_SX214_13th: How To Drain Your Dragon 2: It’s been five years since Hiccup and Toothless successfully united dragons and vikings on the island of Berk. When one of their adventures leads to the discovery of a secret ice cave that is home to hundreds of new wild dragons and the mysterious Dragon Rider, the two friends find themselves at the center of a battle to protect the peace.

220px-Transformers4_Teaser_Poster27th: Transformer: Age of Extinction: Earth is scarred by the events of the past three movies, but is moving on after all the giant robots disappeared. Cade Yeager, an inventor, discovers a buried Transformer, which sets the stage for the return of the Autobots and Decepticons.

July:

MV5BNTU3MjYxMDE3N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjE3OTc3MDE@._V1_SX214_11th: Dawn of the Planet of Apes: Survivors of the simian plague trigger an all-out war between humanity and Caesar’s growing forces.

MV5BMTg1NTAyNTY1MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTIxMzc3MDE@._V1_SY317_CR1,0,214,317_

25th: Jupiter Ascending: A young destitute human woman gets targeted for assassination by the Queen of the Universe, and begins her destiny to end the Queen’s reign.

marcia-gay-harden-emma-stone-magic-in-the-moonlight-640x42625th: Magic in the Moonlight: A romantic comedy about an Englishman brought in to help unmask a possible swindle. Personal and professional complications ensue.

August:

MV5BMTg3NDI5Mjg5MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzI2OTIzMDE@._V1_SX214_1st: Guardians of the Galaxy: In the far reaches of space, an American pilot named Peter Quill finds himself the object of a manhunt after stealing an orb coveted by the villainous Ronan.

tmntfanposterorreal8th: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Aliens invade Earth and inadvertently spawn a quartet of mutated reptile warriors, the Ninja Turtles, who rise up against them to defend the world.

The_Giver_Poster_FINAL1

15th: The Giver: In a seemingly perfect community, without war, pain, suffering, differences or choice, a young boy is chosen to learn from an elderly man about the true pain and pleasure of the “real” world.