Pantheretts take 91-0 record on road against district rival Desoto Eagles

The Pantherettes are coming off of a strong win against Mansfield to face DeSoto away Friday night. This will be a matchup between two district powerhouses. (Olivia Davila Photo)

Tonight the Pantherettes are facing the Desoto Eagles, in a game that could be one of the toughest games they face in this district. The Pantherettes will try to keep up their 90 game winning streak, but this Desoto game will bring some challenges.  Desoto is number 7 in the area, and Forward Najala Howell leads the Lady Eagles with an average of 18.6 points per game, so she should be contained to secure the Pantherette’s 92nd consecutive win.

“I look forward to this game Friday,” Senior Ariel Atkins said. “It’s always a fun and competitive game when we play Desoto.”

Desoto plays a quick paced, in your face defense, or as Atkins would say “in my grill defense” so it is challenge for the Pantherettes to get the ball where it needs go.  Duncanville can overcome this defense by playing their consistent slow paced offense, which often pick apart defenses to find an open Pantherette ready to take a shot.

“We can’t let their defense speed up our game or rush our passes. The offense needs to stay consistent.” Atkins said.

This will an interesting match up, so make sure you come out to support the Pantherettes as they take on their district rivals the Lady Eagles this Friday at Desoto High School with the tip off at 6:00.