Varsity boys win the Duncanville Classic again

The Duncanville Varsity boys win their tournament for the second year in a row (Tricia Virtue photo).

The Duncanville Varsity boys played in their Duncanville Classic Tournament and won the championship game again for the second year in a row. The boys won every game in the tournament that was in their bracket.

The first game played was against Temple High School and the boys won the game 2-0. Goals were scored by Senior Christopher Escalera and Junior Paul Gorish. This game advanced them to the second round to play Arlington Bowie. The boys won the game 2-0 and the goals were by Sophomore Tim Ugo and again by Escalera. The guys advanced to play in the championship game.

The championship game was going to be against Jesuit. Two years ago, the varsity guys lost a tough game to them in the championship game 4-0. It was time for redemption. The boys scored two early goals in the first half by Freshman Ethan Martinez and again by Escalera. During the second half, Jesuit came back and tied the game 2-2. This led for the teams to go into penalty shoot outs. Penalty kicks were scored by all of the boys. Christopher Escalera, Carlos Macias, Damian Passos, and Miguel Contreras, were the guys that made all of the penalties and all of them were Seniors. Goal keeper Josh Nieto, saved two kicks that were taken, and that put Duncanville up.

The Duncanville Varsity boys won their own tournament again with back to back wins. They play another pre season game next Tuesday in Richardson at 8:00 P.M.