Literary Magazine is now accepting submissions

Literary+Magazine+is+now+accepting+submissions+
Photo by Roberts, John “Medgar”

Literary magazine is now accepting submissions. (Last Year's Cover)
Literary magazine is now accepting submissions. (Last Year’s Cover)
Panther Lit Mag is accepting student submissions now through spring break for its annual publication to be released in May.

“The Literary Magazine represents an opportunity for students to showcase their work,” editor Medgar Roberts said. “Buying a literary magazine supports a love of creating and expressing in unique forms.”

Students can submit their stories, poems, essays, scripts, photos and artwork.

“The staff is interested in any form of creative expression that can be represented in print,” Roberts said. “We are working with photography to set up a place to take a pictures of 3D artwork to include as well.”

Roberts said there is a variety of ways students can submit their work.

“As our whole magazine is created digitally, we prefer digital submissions,” Roberts said. “We accept submissions by email ([email protected]), as well as physical submissions in our submission boxes. English, art, and photography teachers can also forward material to us.”

Roberts said he hopes to build from the success of the previous publication.

“We had very talented writers, artists and photographers,” Roberts said. “We really worked hard to make sure all the pieces stood on their own merit, and we tried to include as many different students and viewpoints as we could. The staff did a good job of faithfully representing the hard work our students do with their creative expressions.”

Roberts said the staff plans to submit the magazine to the national contest this year.

“Publishing your work in the literary magazine is an opportunity to add even more recognition to the excellence that is Duncanville High School,” Roberts said. “Everyone wants to be part of a winning effort!”

Roberts said there are also benefits for each student on an individual level.

“Getting published is a good feeling,” Roberts said. “Submitting work for the literary magazine is a great way to experience it for yourself.”

Roberts encourages all students to purchase the publication to keep as a momento from high school.

“It is a great keepsake,” Roberts said. “You’ll enjoy going back and looking at what your classmates and teachers created for years to come! We feel strongly that this level of sharing and creation should be in the hands of students and the community. Buying the magazine makes you a part of that.”