Q&A: Pantherettes answer questions about remaining undefeated for 99 games

Myles Delgado sits down with Pantherettes seniors and Coach Cathy Self Morgan. (Karla Estrada photo)

Reporter Myles Delgado sat down with Pantherettes Head Coach Cathy Self-Morgan and her Seniors to ask a few questions as they enter the playoffs on a 99 game winning streak.

Delgado: Coach Self-Morgan, how has it been coaching this particular group of athletes?

Self-Morgan: It has been absolutely wonderful. They are a great bunch. They are respectful, hard working, and stay on top of their schoolwork as well!

Delgado: Ariel (Atkins), what do you see happening for this team in the future? What does it take to get there?

Atkins: I see more success and another State Championship. It takes work. Lots of work. We’ll get there. We just need to stay focused and hungry.

Delgado: Adrianna (Davis), with last night being the last time on the home court before graduation, how did you feel getting that 99th win against rival, Desoto?

Davis: It felt great, its a moment I’ll cherish for a long time. I’ll miss playing here a lot.

Delgado: Tasmia (Foman) What does it take to come in and work every week on the court?

Foman: It takes admiration for the game. Its all for the love of the game and the will to get better!

Delgado: Coach, you are currently sitting at 99 straight wins, how does it feel coming close to the legendary coach, Sandra Meadows record of 134 straight wins?

Self-Morgan: Its amazing, and We as a team are coming close to the record. Not just I. But we don’t worry about the wins, we just focus on getting the next win, game in and game out.