Varsity soccer teams strive for the playoffs

Duncanville Varsity teams strive for playoffs (Mireya Ibarra photo).

This past Friday the Duncanville Varsity soccer teams traveled to Desoto to play another district game. The Varsity girls beat Desoto 4-0, and the varsity boys beat Desoto 12-0. Winning this game put both teams up in ranking for district play.

The varsity girls played at 6:00 against Desoto and needed this win to go up in their district. Winning the game 4-0 moved them up to fourth place and are considered to be qualified for a playoff spot. Two goals were scored in the first half, both of the goals scored were by the freshmen on the varsity team. Corinne Daniels and Elisa Lazo scored before halftime, putting them up. The second half sophomore Aliyah Mora scored off of her own corner kick and later in the half senior Gabie Walston scored the final goal.

The varsity boys won the game 12-0, they are still undefeated in their district striving for district champs. They are currently in first place winning all of their games so far. There was no exact count on who scored the goals, but with a 12-0 victory the boys did not mind.

Both teams will travel out to South Grand Prairie and play. The varsity girls will play at 6:00 P.M. and the boys will follow to play at 8:00 P.M.

View Comments (1)