Varsity soccer boys season ends against the State Champions

The road to state ended for the Duncanville Varsity Soccer boys against the former state champions (Yonas Nielsen photo).

The Duncanville Varsity Soccer boys team played the former State Champions last Tuesday for the third round of the playoffs. The boys season came to an end, losing a tough battle of 2-0 to Coppell.

In the beginning of the first half, it was a tough battle to score for both teams. Duncanville and Coppell both had opportunities that they could not take advantage of. At the end of the first half, Coppell had a breakaway and they scored the first goal making it 1-0 going into halftime.

Coming out for the second half, Coppell were taking more and more shots on goal. Goalie Josh Nieto was there to stop them all. Even the hard powerful shots that were coming in from the middle. Duncanville began to get more possession in the middle of the second half and were confident to take more shots. In the middle of the second half however, Coppell came across another breakaway in the middle and scored once again. The score was now 2-0 and it became more of a defensive game for Duncanville.

Duncanville came short in the game and lost 2-0 against the former State Champions. The road to state ended for the team, but it was a great season for the 2013-2014 varsity soccer team. They thanked their loyal soccer fans that were there at every game to support them on their games.