Publication’s students take home top honors in Dallas Morning News contest

Winners photoHundreds of students packed into Union Station in Dallas awaiting the results of the Dallas Morning News Contest April 17. Among those represented were a group of the Panther Prints staff who were finalist in the contest.
“I am very proud of everyone on our staff this year,” advisor James Rich said. “They all work very hard to capture every moment at our school on our website.”

The newspaper’s website www.duncanvillestudentmedia.org was selected as a finalist for Outstanding Website by the Morning News staff based on the coverage provided on the site throughout the year. Also being named finalist in the contest were Kennedy Stidham for Long Feature and News Story, Karla Estrada for Sports Photo and Josaphine Xarrayaj for News photo. These finalist are chosen from all high school publications in the Dallas Morning News readership area.

“I am so proud of every finalist in the contest,” Rich said. “These students have worked hard on every story and photo that was entered in the contest.”

Finishing out the day, Estrada was selected as the best Sports Photographer in the contest and Xarrayaj was selected as the best News Photographer in the contest.

“The judges had great things to say about both these photographers,” Rich said. “There are some outstanding photographers out there including others on our staff that entered the contest. I am excited that the judges selected two of our staffers for these awards.”

View Comments (1)