Parks and Devastation Tour leaves mark in Dallas

The atmosphere of the crowd added to the concert experience. (Credit to Natalie Campbell)

On Tuesday, September 30, the Parks and Devastation Tour came to the Verizon Theater in Grand Prairie. With such an anticipated line-up, it wasn’t surprising to see the line of people building up hours before the concert.

First to take stage was Motionless In White. The crowd seemed well aware of the huge success their new album “Reincarnate” was, which currently stands at No. 4 in Billboard charts. Lead singer Chris Cerulli’s vocals were hard to understand at some times but his screaming was impressionate for a live show.

Following Motionless in White was Chiodos, who came back with their original lead singer Craig Owens after seven years. Their six song set full of prog-rock and post-hardcore had fans jumping throughout the whole time. They definitely made sure the crowd was active during all parts of their set from start to finish.

Bring Me the Horizon was evidently the band most of the crowd was looking forward to. After their successful album “Sempiternal” released in 2013 the band has become even more popular the in the metalcore scene. The performance itself wasn’t as energetic as fans expected to be. Oli Sykes’ lead vocals sounded forced and he was unable to hold out the lyrics as well as in the studio version of their songs. However, the instrumental parts and the lights were very impressing.

Headlining the tour was A Day to Remember who are known for their entertaining shows. Judging from the show in Dallas they did not disappoint. From campfires to confetti cannons, they had a scheme of the songs they played. The band’s musical performance was just stellar. This act was played out very well. A Day to Remember went all out for this tour and Dallas was left wanting more.