Juniors and Seniors prepare for powderpuff game next Thursday

Juniors+and+Seniors+prepare+for+powderpuff+game+next+Thursday+
A senior player goes for the reception during practice. (Alisha Nichols photo)

The junior and senior rivalry will continue in the powder puff game on Thursday, January 29th  at 7:30 at Old Panther Field. Admission will be $5.

The teams have already been chosen, and they are really excited for this year’s showdown. There will also be the customary humorous half-time show led by male High Hats and cheerleaders.

“You are guaranteed to have a good time between the girl football players and student football coaches,”  said Coach Chapman who is organizing the entire event. “And of course the boys are going to put on a good show. ”

The event is about more than just enterntainment to Chapman.

“I want to provide an environment where the kids can get together and build lasting memories about their high school experience,” said Chapman.

The ladies are excited to play the boy’s game and get down and dirty just like they do.

“I’ve always liked seeing the tables turned,”said senior player Lil’e Ates. “It gives us young ladies a chance to show our aggressive side. I didn’t want to be the person sitting in the stands watching, I wanted to be involved.” 

The juniors don’t feel disadvantaged, though the seniors have more experience and a win under their belt already. They believe they’re catching on quickly and will be able to defeat their opponents. 

“At first, when Coach Chapman told us the plays we were a little bit confused, but he explained it,” said junior player Melissa Rotana. “Everybody got the hang of it.”