Swimmers qualify for regional meet

Freshman Cassidy Donaghey comes up for air during her breast stroke at the district swim meet.  She along with others qualified in the relays for regional meet. (Shay Rhodes photo)
    Freshman Cassidy Donaghey comes up for air during her breast stroke at the district swim meet. She along with others qualified in the relays for regional meet. (Shay Rhodes photo)

The swim team will be sending several swimmers to the Regional swim meet in Lewisville Feb. 6 after setting several personal best in various events at last weeks district meet in Mansfield.

Both the boys and girls Medley Relay teams qualified for Regionals, with the boys setting a team best time of 1:54.45. The girls team includes Ana Andrade, Randi Ford, Alondra Gamboa and Samantha Giron; the boys team includes Eddie Lemus, Carlus Brown, Nic Howard and one additional student.

The 200 Free Relay teams also advanced to Regionals, with the boys team setting a team best time of 1:39.64. Girls team: Ana Andrade, Aeriel Blankenship, Cassidy Donaghey and Randi Ford. Boys team: Aziel Meza, Carlus Brown, Nic Howard and one additional student.

Individual Regional qualifiers were Ana Andrade in the 500 Free (fifth place), Randi Ford in the 200 Individual Medley (fourth place) and Carlus Brown who captured a silver medal in the 100 Breaststroke.

Overall, the team set 28 personal best times: Jordan Bell, Jimmy Cordova, Alex Estrada, Molly Lavrenchik, Alexis Criner, Andrew Ortiz, Daniri Gomez, Bryar Fuentes, Christian Moreno and two additional students.