Student council sponsors events for Abuse Awareness week

Teen dating abuse awareness week.

This week is teen dating abuse awareness week at the high school and to raise awareness about how serious dating abuse is, Student Council is sponsoring the following special days.

Monday’s fact: Nearly 1 in 3 teens have been the victim of sexual abuse, physical abuse or threats of physical abuse by a boyfriend or girlfriend. Student council officers will begin selling purple ribbons today that you may wear all week for domestic violence.

Tuesday’s Fact: 1 in 5 teens who have been in a serious relationship report being hit, slapped, or pushed by a partner. Today just give someone a hug.

Wednesday: Nearly 80% of girls who have been physically abused in their intimate relationships continue to date their abuser. Take a stand! Today in all lunches student council will have pledge cards. Sign one and take a stand against teen dating abuse.

Thursday: nearly 1 in 3 teens have been victimized by the use of technology from a boyfriend or girlfriend. Today just simply tell 3 people you love them. Also, tomorrow you are allowed to wear SOLID PURPLE OR ORANGE SHIRTS.

Friday: 60% of teens know someone who has been the victim of sexual abuse, physical abuse, or threats of physical abuse by a boyfriend or girlfriend. Today you were allowed to wear SOLID PURPLE OR ORANGE SHIRTS! To show your support against domestic violence and teen dating abuse.