Golf team finishes season strong, looking to improve for 2012 season

Head golf coach Rob McQuaid said the team made improvement on their swing every meet resulting in higher scores and improved games. (Jazmyn Dixson photo)

With a district filled with State ranked teams, the Golf team finished the season by improving on their scores. Although the team will be graduating some seniors, head coach Rob McQuaid is
    “Each varsity player improved, and recorded their personal best score this year,” head golf coach randy McQuaid said,
    Compared to last year the golf team improved on all aspects of the game. They each came in everyday to practice and were determined to have a great year.
    “I came in everyday of the summer and improved my work ethic,” senior Johnathan Dupard said.
    In order to have the year that they had, the team had to be sure to change some of the ways they played and thought of the game. On the course you have to be completely focused on the game and be sure you don’t make bad decisions.
    “ We changed our way of thinking, but sometimes made bad decisions,” senior Darrius McGruder said.
    Coach McQuaid never had a problem with the seniors being focused on their game, but wishes that the underclassman would have the same mentality and focus as the seniors.
    “Younger kids need more focus, but I have faith in them for next year,” Coach McQuaid said.