Like a big flop

“Like a G6” by Far East Movement ft. The Cataracts, and DEV has been popping up on radio stations even though the song has been out for a year now. Recently there’s been a music video for it, and by how catchy the song is, I expected the music video to be pretty spectatcular.

Instead it was giant advertisement. Dr. Dre Beats everywhere, Cherrytree Records marking everything they good, a flashy car, a supermodel, and big sunglasses being worn at night.

It was ridiculious.

Apparently there was a plotline and some girl was going around and parting, but who knows?

So alright, we can give them another chance, click another video, it’s gotta be better somewhere…right?

And then the horrifying truth.

Far East Movement is not a catchy cool techno group. After some research it isn’t hard to see that Far East Movement is being credited with helping far too much. The Cataracts seem to have come up with the hypnotic beat that “Like a G6” is really known for, it’s more there style. DEV is the singer, and she has no record deal. Let’s be honest, if it wasn’t for DEV singing “Like a G6” over and over, you wouldn’t like the song.

Steer clear people! Don’t be fooled by the radio! Check out DEV, check out The Cataracts, check them both out together with the song “Bass Down Low”! But put Far East Movement, far behind you.