Girls basketball heads into tonights game at 13-0

Senior Morgan Bolten moves the ball inside the key against state ranked DeSoto in their season opener. (Ana Monzon photo)

Witha 13-0 start to their season, the Pantherette basketball team has posted wins against DeSoto and recently claimed the championship trophy at the McDonald’s Classic in Pasadena, Texas.

“I’m pleased with the start of the season,” head coach Cathy Self-Morgan said, “We had a good start and we continue to get better every game.”

The team this year hasn’t had to worry about trying to find a leader for the team. Instead everyone is stepping up and doing their part to contribute to the success of the team.

“There are seven or eight kids that really get it done,” Self-Morgan said. “On different nights different ones stand up and do a great job.”

For veteran varsity player senior Empress Davenport who recently committed to the University of Texas at Austin, she couldn’t be more excited for this year’s success of the team.

“It’s going to be a tough season,” Davenport said. “Every team in our district is good enough to beat each other.”

The team hasn’t even began district play yet and the stretch to keeping an undefeated record is on the horizen. The team is not concentrated on perfection, but they are focused on their upcoming district play with one expectation in mind.

“My expectation is that we will win district,” Self-Morgan said.

Join Sports writer John Davila live tonight for coverage right here