Panthers post 52-25 victory over North Crowley, look to bye week for conditioning

Running Back Chris Simpson brushes off a North Crowley defender as he races to the end zone for the score. The Panthers went on to win 52-25. (Keria Jinks Photo)

After a 52-25 victory over North Crowley, the Panthers are happy to be in the win column as they prepare to take on Grand Prairie in the district opener Sept. 24.

“We played better defense for four quarters then what we’ve been able to do the past two weeks,” Coach Jeff Dicus said. “We’re very pleased, ready to get this week over with and get on to week 1.”

The Panthers will now have a bye week prior to the start of district play. This will give them some time off to prepare for their next opponent.

“We’re not taking the week off,” wide receiver Malcolm Mckenney said. “We’re going to make sure we all stay in shape and just not make this week a vacation.”

Dicus wants to take the next two weeks to help the team stay in shape for the long stretch of seven district games ahead of them.

“We’re going to lift, run and heal up,” Dicus said. “This week came at a good time for us. We’ll be 100 percent coming in Monday getting ready for Grand Prairie.”

The Panthers record now stands at 1-2 and they will be looking to even their record as they open district in two weeks.

View full photo gallery