JV1 girls soccer team prepares for district opener tomorrow

Heading into tomorrow’s first district game against Grand Prairie, the junior varsity I girls soccer team will be defending their 11-0 record. The girls are excited about going into district with their victories and hope to keep it that way for district season.

“It was exciting and a new thing we did this year.” Midfielder Lizbeth Gonzalez said. “It was a good experience and a great feeling for everybody on the team to win these pre-season games.”

With district coming up soon JV1 head coach Jessica Woodrum- Perez hopes to have the team strong enough for the tougher teams such as Midlothian and Mansfield they will face in district play.

“I’m going to prepare my team by making sure we score goals, stay in shape, and work hard on the field.” Perez-Woodrum said. “I need to make sure that everybody gets along, make sure that people are working hard on the team, and making sure we are playing well when players are in and out of teams.”

Those on the team said they have high expectations for district and plan to keep their undefeated record.

“I expect for our JV team to be even better now and become better players as the year goes on.” JV1 midfielder Ximena Martinez said.