Boys soccer looks to end Legacy’s undefeated season

Boys soccer looks to end Legacys undefeated season
    The boys soccer team will play host to an undefeated Mansfield Legacy team Friday. They are looking to improve their record while puting a loss in Legacy's. (Julio Munoz photo)

The boys varsity have an opportunity early in the season to make a big difference in their post-season goals. They will face Mansfield Legacy Friday and make an attempt at marring their record. With a win the Panthers will be on par with Legacy and will be in a healthy position.

“If we win today, and not lose any other games, we can tie points with them in district,” defender Hector Sifuentes said, “and at the last game of the season we can play for the district title.”

The Panthers have had a fair start in district after doing well in the pre-season. They’ve tied against a strong Mansfield team and boast two wins against South Grand Prairie and Mansfield Timberview.

“We’ve started off with a great record getting two big wins these last couple of games.” goalkeeper Jose Perez said, “We haven’t won a district in six years and we’re trying to win it this year.”

With a win today, district will be within reach. The players know what improvements need to be made and with the encouragement and guidance from Coach Pasos the team should be on the right track after tonight.

“We are strong on defense, but our weakest point is our scoring ability,” Perez said, ” so coach is trying to get us to play simple, on the ground.”