Soccer, CC athletes sign letters of intent

Soccer players stop for a pose with Coach Leslie Hash, Assistant coaches and Athletic Directors. (Ariana Canchola photo)

Late Yesterday afternoon, three varsity girls soccer players and a cross country runner signed letters of intent to participate in college sports in the fall.

Anna Salazar will be continuing to pursue her academic and athletic interest at Dallas Baptist University. She is the 4 year MVP for the girls cross country team at Duncanville High School, where she is also an accomplished track athlete in the mile and two mile. Anna began her cross country career at DHS as the 2008 District Champion her freshman year. She has been a cross country regional qualifier all four years finishing 16th at the 2010 Region I Meet in Lubbock. As a track athlete Anna’s accomplishments include three regional appearances and the 2010 district champion title in both the mile and two mile run.

“Quite simply, she is the most decorated distance runner in the history of Duncanville High School,” cross country coach Beale Tolbert said. “Ana is also a standout in academics as well.”

She has competed at the district, state, and national level with Skills USA and serves as this year’s chapter President. Anna is currently in the TOP 10 percent of the class of 2012 with a 3.8 GPA.

For the girls soccer program, Aleria Luna, Sienna Rebollozo and Cynthia De La Rosa signed letters of intent to play college soccer.

Luna will be a War Hawk at McMurry University in Abilene. She is a 4 year letterman as well as First Team All District Newcomer of the Year as a freshman, First Team all District and Most Valuable Offensive Player of the year her Junior year. She player club for almost 7 years and also with the Olympic Development Program.

Sienna Rebollozo will be a Dragon at Minnesota State University-Moorehead. She lettered four years in soccer, two years in cross country, and one year in golf. She is a National Honor Society inductee 2010-2011, graduating with honors, Most Valuable Player of the Year 2010, Most Valuable Offensive Player 2011, First Team All District twice, and captain from 2010-2012.

Cynthia will be a Lady Pilot at LSU Shreveport. She is a 4 year starter at Duncanville High School, playing both midfield and defense… Named 2nd Team All District Freshmen year. 1st Team All District Utility Player Sophomore year… 2nd Team All District Junior year… She has played 6 years of club soccer with the Dallas Texans. She has been an A/B honor roll student since freshmen year and currently holds a 3.5 G.P.A.

See our full story with player interviews coming soon.

Photographer Ariana Canchola covered the signings in the gallery below.

[flagallery gid=204 name=Gallery]