• English SAT Wed in B137 from 3:15-3:45

• US History EOC Tutorials Mon & Wed 3:15-4:30 in B101

• High Hat tryouts, meeting in the Dance Room 11/29 @ 7

• Seniors will be taking pictures November 1st and 2nd. Make sure you have a $10 sitting fee

Four students named National Hispanic Scholars

Jacob+Hernandez%2C+Gilberto+Hernandez%2C+Melanie+Hernndez+and+Chase+Anderson+are+juniors+at+Duncanville+High+School+who+scored+in+the+top+2.5%25+of+the+PSAT%2FNMSQT+among+all+Hispnaic+test+takers+while+achieving+a+cumulative+grade+point+average+of+3.5+or+higher.+Based+on+that+academically+exceptional+achievement%2C+they+have+received+the+National+Hispanic+Scholars+Award.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Jacob Hernandez, Gilberto Hernandez, Melanie Hernndez and Chase Anderson are juniors at Duncanville High School who scored in the top 2.5% of the PSAT/NMSQT among all Hispnaic test takers while achieving a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or higher. Based on that academically exceptional achievement, they have received the National Hispanic Scholars Award.

Four Duncanville High School juniors recently earned prestigious national recognition. Jacob Hernandez, Gilberto Hernandez, Melanie Hernandez and Chase Anderson were announced as National Hispanic Scholars.
The four DHS students have been invited to the College Board National Hispanic Recognition Program based on their scores and grades. They scored in the top 2.5% on the PSAT/NMSQT among all Hispanic test takers along with achieving a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or higher by the middle of their junior year.
Every year, the NHRP recognizes about 5,000 of the 250,000 Hispanic juniors who take the test. Colleges use the academic honor to identify academically exceptional Hispanic students.
Over the past few years, Duncanville High School has seen an increase of National Hispanic Scholars. In 2018, the district celebrated four students. In 2017 and 2016, there were respectively two and one students named as National Hispanic Scholars.